Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Nitty Gritty

I guess what I have learned this weekend is to stay out of his way while he's working on something that heavy and complicated. Also I hate big black fuzzy spiders, so don't ask me to hold the clutch pedal up when there's one dangling menacingly over my head. I did do some polishing and helped wash the truck with cold soapy water. brrr. At least the raccoon footprints are gone from the windshield now :-) I also helped scrape off a lot of built up dirt, grease, etc. and helped take out the cardboard headliner. I also learned that my instincts are pretty good. Small chewed-looking hole and bulging headliner probably means mouse nest inside. Indeed. It burned pretty good once we added some straw to it. Smelled awful though! The mouse smell now seems to be gone, it just smells like old dirty greasy truck now. I think we just need to take everything apart and put it back together again and it will work. Case in point: engine, clutch. I hope I'm providing enough moral support. I may suck at anything other than using a screwdriver, but I have damn good ideas....

No comments: