Monday, April 16, 2007

Yes, Virginia, there is an F6 that runs and drives...

This is the Mrs. signing on for an update. I believe the truck was bought on March 31, at auction for less now than I would consider paying for it, considering it now runs! My main duties are to provide feedback for the Mr while he ponders, to allocate money in the budget, to encourage him to work on it, provide him with much Tylenol and oh yeah, and polish the heck out of it.

My knowledge of engines could fill.. oh a thimble maybe. But I saw the gleam in his eye and decided to let him try and bid on the thing. What a surprise, we won! I was not there to witness the blessed event and was heartily surprised to see the thing being dragged back to my parents' house (that's where the garage is) on the back of a wrecker. I am a good sport though, and did not complain that all of my tax return, and some additional budget have been eaten up by this thing. It sure is cute, so why bother!

I think I am getting polisher's arm from rubbing wax into the oxidized paint covered body, but it sure is a nice color of red that's starting to poke through. He forgot to mention that not only have I been doing that, but also standing outside with him in the 40 degree weather until 10 pm to polish and scrape away old oil and gunk from the whatchamacallit for the dump bed that used to be on there. I also helped him take the mouse-eaten seat out and dispose of it in the University dumpster, as well as providing assistance with the shop vac in ridding it of that fresh-mouse smell. It almost smells like dirty truck again!

Everyone seems to be pretty interested in what we're up to. Basically I help out the parents with stuff while he works on the engine during the day and then I help him polish and troubleshoot, scrape, etc at night. I'm good at holding the LED light and running the mp3 player as well.

No comments: